BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday 7 December 2010

EVALUATION - Question 4

How did you use new media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?


When creating, planning and researching for my main products and evaluation i used a combination of physical and digital equipment. They were: 

1) Final Cut (construction, research, planning and evaluation stages) - I used final cut to create and produce my music video. I used these features on the programme to aid me in this: 
  • - Colour corrector - To change and manipulate the colour for all of my shots. I would either change the colour of a frame (in my video i have black and white frames and red scenes) and increase or decrease the saturation levels, whites, blacks and mids.
  • - Layers - I added and used layers where there were longer parts of the performance and i wanted to add in some narrative frames. This made it easier to do rather than keep cutting the performance clips, and also it made sure that other frames i had already put down would not move out of place (as i could  lock the lower frame)
  • - Effects/Transitions - I mainly used the Luminace Map transitions, as it would slowly change one frame to another; which i felt looked nice and fit in with the video and song.
  • - Add sound - This is where i added the sound (song) to the audio timeline (below the visuals) 
  • - Sequence - I would always copy/duplicate my sequence so i always had a copy if anything were to go wrong
  • - Bins - I used Bins to sort out all my video clips into separate folders e.g outside,  Studio, House. This made it much clearer when i was making my video as i knew exactly where each clip would be. 





2) YouTube (research and planning stages) - As a group, we found our song on the BBC Radio I's Live Lounge page on YouTube; which made it one of the most important and successful pieces of media technology. I also used YouTube when researching other music videos, and to get ideas of what is around in the market now. It also helped me to think of ideas of some things i would want to include in my video.  

3) Canons HD Camera (construction and planning stages) - We used the camera to film all scenes in our music video
4) Apple Mac (construction, planning, research and evaluation stages) - The Apple Mac computer was very important as most programmed i have mentioned i accessed through the Mac. Along with the Mac i also used: 

  • Headphones
  • USB - So i could transfer my work from school to home
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse

5) Blogger (construction, planning, research and evaluation stages) - I used blogger to post my research and planning work, and also now to post my Final Products. It was also a way to receive feedback as i could give people fitting the target audience the address of my blog and they could see and critique my rough products as well as my final products.

My own Blogger Dashboard

6) Google (planning and research stages) - I used this search engine mostly for research, i was able to look at current artists album covers, videos and magazine adverts. 




Researching album covers
7) Scribd (Planning and evaluation stages) - As a group we put our pitch onto Scribd so it was easier to put onto the blog and made it easier for someone on our blog to view it. 
An example of our group using Scribd - To present our final pitch on our blogs 
8) Prezi (planning and evaluation stages) - I used Prezi to present pieces of research and planning as well as some parts of m Evaluation. 

My Prezi homepage with all my presentations


9) Glogster (planning and evaluation stages) - I used Glogster to show pieces of research or feedback, but in a different way than just writing it on my blog; it also allowed me to make presenting more colourful and not as boring. 

10) Powerpoint (construction, planning and evaluation stages) - I used powerpoint to create effects on the pictures i have used in my final ancillary tasks, i also used it to make my 9 frame pictures for the 1st question of my Evaluation
Using Powerpoint to make my inside covers


10) iTunes (construction and  research stages) - This is where we purchased our chosen track from, to use in our video (and put on final cut express)
 

11) Safari and Internet Explorer (construction, planning, research and evaluation stages) - I used Safari at school on the Mac's and Internet Explorer at home to access the internet


12) Wikipedia (research stages) - I used wikipedia mainly as a tool for research, on topics such as: Music Cannel research, reading up on the transormation of a pop star (Lily Allen) and music genre research







0 comments: